Introduction. LauraMac, LLC (“LauraMac”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.lauramac.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Information Collected and Used While Using our Site. We may ask you to provide us with Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Information is information that may be used to identify you individually, including your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, credit card information and date of birth.
It is always up to you whether to disclose Personal Information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
If you do provide Personal Information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although, unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the Personal Information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law (for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant);
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the Personal Information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of LauraMac, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Use of Personal Information. Personal Information collected by LauraMac is used for three main purposes:
- To provide products and services to you or one or more third party service providers (collectively, “Third Parties”) who are obtaining services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you;
- To improve our products and services that we perform for you or for Third Parties; and
- To communicate with you and to inform you about LauraMac’s, LauraMac’s affiliates and Third Parties’ products and services.
We may additionally use information provided through our Site and services to compile performance and analysis reports pertaining to buyers, sellers, vendors and other users of our Site and services. We may additionally collect website data to contact any entities who access or use our Site unless the entity “opts-out” from being contacted. You may choose to opt-out from being contacted by removing your information from our databases as provided in this Policy.
Other Information We Collect. We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer, browser type, browser version, session data for your login session (so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in), account-preference information you provide us, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Site(s) research and development, customer and account administration, and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Cookies. Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
External Data Storage Sites. We may store your data (including but not limited to Personal Information) on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Security. We use industry-standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, and we make good-faith efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect Personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your Privacy Responsibilities. To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the LauraMac website when you are finished; and
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, trojan horses, bots, etc.), by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Accessing, Updating or Deleting Personal Information. We do not currently have a method for users to delete Personal Information contained in our database. However, you can contact us to withdraw your consent for us to use your information at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions.
You may access or update the Personal Information we have collected by calling us or logging into your LauraMac account if you created one. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to requests regarding Personal Information and our provision of same is subject to legal and business restrictions. In addition, you may delete the cookies stored on your computer, which will cause our system to perceive you as a new user with no known user data. You may also set your browser to reject cookies but doing so may prevent you from using some of our services.
Opt-Out Policy. You may opt out of receiving certain communications from us (i.e. notices about new services or products) by emailing us at: email@example.com or writing to us at:
400 Spectrum Center Dr., Suite 1900
Irvine, CA 92618
Attention: Legal Department
In addition, we may contact you via email or use targeted online advertising as permissible by law. In the case of email, we may include instructions to enable you to unsubscribe from future emails if you so choose. You agree and understand that while we will do our best to comply with your request, we shall not be liable for any problems or delays associated with the opt-out process. For any targeted online advertising, you can learn more by visiting www.youradchoices.com (U.S.), www.youradchoices.ca (Canada) or the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org.
Notice to European Union Users. LauraMac’s operations are located in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing Personal Information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information Collected from Children. You must be at least 13 years old to use LauraMac’s Site(s) and service(s). LauraMac does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Disclaimer. By using the Site, you irrevocably acknowledge and agree that LauraMac merely provides technology services that banks, brokers, lenders, originators, servicers, vendors and other mortgage related financial services companies or individuals may use to transact business. LauraMac is not involved in the actual transaction between the aforementioned parties, or any other related party, and is not the agent of, nor has any authority on behalf of any of the aforementioned parties or any other third party, for any purpose whatsoever. At no time and in no event shall LauraMac become involved in any dispute or transaction between the aforementioned parties or have any responsibility or liability in connection therewith, including, but not limited to, making or guaranteeing any payment that may come due as a result of any transaction or agreement between the aforementioned parties or any other third party.
Questions or Comments? If you have questions or comments about this Policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us via any of the ways described at https://www.lauramac.com.
Thank you for choosing LauraMac!
©2020 LauraMac, LLC. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.